10 August 2011: Amazon’s groundbreaking Kindle, the bestselling e-reader in the world, will be available for the first time from an Australian retailer - exclusively on sale at Woolworths, BIG W and Dick Smith stores.
Kindle is Amazon’s revolutionary wireless reading device, that takes the traditional book into the 21st century. Users can store thousands of books on the device that’s lighter than a magazine.
In an Australian first, Kindle will be on sale in Woolworths, BIG W and Dick Smith stores from 31 August. In anticipation of their arrival, customers are able to pre-order their Kindle online at www.dicksmith.com.au or www.bigw.com.au.
Two Kindle devices are available – one boasting 3G and Wi-Fi capability and one offering Wi-Fi only. Either device is packed full of features including:
• The ability to hold up to 3,500 books.
• The choice of over 750,000 English-language books available to purchase through the Kindle Store at www.amazon.com or directly from the Kindle device, including bestsellers, new releases, audiobooks, periodicals and blogs.
• Users can also load more than one million free books to their Kindle device.
• The compact Kindle is lighter than a typical paperback and thinner than most magazines.
• It can be used right out of the box with no set up required, no software to install, no computer required.
• 6” high-contrast and e-ink screen for clear text and sharp images with no glare.
• Free 3G Wireless with no annual contracts, no monthly fees on the Kindle 3G model.
• Global wireless coverage in over 100 countries and territories on the Kindle 3G model.
• Built-In Wi-Fi to connect to Wi-Fi hotspots.
• Battery life up to 2 months with wireless off and a half hour of reading per day.
• Add notes, highlight passages or bookmark pages. Add annotations to text, just like you might write in the margins of a book. You can also highlight and clip key passages and bookmark pages for future use.
• Kindle has a built in dictionary so a simple move of the cursor to the word in question will automatically display the definition.
Kindle WiFi is priced at $159 and Kindle 3G is priced at $219 at Woolworths, BIG W and Dick Smith stores.
Customers who pre-order either device can do so now, with free delivery, at www.dicksmith.com.au or www.bigw.com.au. The first 1000 customers to pre-order the Kindle 3G, and first 500 customers to pre-order the Kindle WiFi, will be guaranteed delivery on or before 31st August 2011.
For further information please contact the Woolworths Press Office on (02) 8885 1033.
Share this page on :