You can’t beat a good cheese platter and we want you to enjoy the best of the gold stuff. We’ve put together a guide for the ultimate plate so you can explore our exciting variety of cheeses.
The biggest question is how much cheese should be served? As a general rule, we’d suggest 20-30 grams of cheese per person. Other helpful tips include:
- Remove most cheeses from the fridge at least 30 minutes before serving to allow them to come to room temperature
- Add a selection of accompaniments like dried fruits, nuts and crackers
- Prepare ‘starting slices’ to prompt your guests
- Cover your platter with a damp tea towel or plastic wrap until serving time
Have a look through our cheesy entertainers guide, just click here.
Your guide to a good cheese platter
The biggest question, how much cheese should I serve? As a general rule of thumb, we’d suggest 20-30 grams of cheese for each person, with no more than 100-120 grams per person.
- Allow around 30 minutes when preparing your platter.
- Arrange your favourite cheeses on a serving plate.
- Add a selection of accompaniments like paste, dried fruits, dips, paté, nuts and crackers.
- Prepare ‘starting slices’ to prompt your guests.
- Loosely cover cheese with a damp tea towel or plastic wrap until serving time.
To get you started we’ve put together a few platters below. Enjoy!
After dinner platter
Serving cheese after main course is a great way to finish off the main meal. Crack open the dessert wine and garnish with your favourite accompaniments such as sourdough and green grapes.
Casual entertaining platter
This is the perfect platter to kick off a casual meal, function or picnic. With delicious crackers, shaved meats and seasonable vegetables it’s an ideal serve for 10-12 people. For that personal touch, add your favourite olives, dips or pate.
Aussie BBQ Platter
When a casual BBQ meets a cheese platter connoisseur, you’ll enjoy a delicious spread like this. Serve with an assortment of crackers and embellish with seasonable fruits and fresh dips. For a larger crowd, add a few crusty baguettes and extra cream cheese.
Date night platter
You’re guaranteed to impress when you whip up this beautiful platter for two. Partnered with a fabulous bottle of wine and matched with sweet accompaniments, like dark grapes or fresh berries, you’ve got yourself a winner.
Food is about discovery and what better way to expand your taste buds than by sharing a cheese platter with someone else. With your favourite trimmings, such as walnuts or dried apricots, you’re set for an exotic experience of discovery.
Please note: Some of our cheeses listed above are only sold in selected stores. Please ask your Store Manager for assistance in-store if you have any questions.
Share this page on :