We Australians love our fresh seafood, which is why you’ll always catch a range of great value, locally sourced favourites at Woolworths. And as we set impeccable standards for our suppliers, you can be assured that you’ll only ever find seafood of the highest quality.
Seafood is an integral part of our fresh food offer and healthy oceans, sustainable fish stocks and a viable fishing industry are all essential to our business. We know our customers love their seafood so it’s important to us to help restore and improve fish stocks in the oceans and create sustainable and secure supply of seafood not just for today but well into the future. Click here to read more about sustainable seafood.
If you’re looking for something new and exciting in our seafood range, check out our Sushi bars and Bag and Bake in selected stores. They make any meal time quick, easy and most importantly - fresh! See below for more information.
Marinara is a flavoursome addition to pasta sauces, soups and risottos.
Served with salad greens or fresh vegies is always a refreshing meal.
Cooked prawns are delicious on their own or tossed through a fresh salad.
Green prawns are sweet with moist flesh - perfect for the barbecue or grill.
Simply eat as is or add flavour to your favourite dish.
Atlantic salmon is perfect for salads, pastas and barbecues.
10 tips for seafood
1. Only marinate seafood for 30 minutes, any longer and acidic ingredients such as lemon juice will start to ‘cook’ the fish, making its flesh turn opaque.
2. As fish continues to cook once removed from heat, transfer it to a plate as soon as the flesh turns opaque.
3. Don’t overcook fish as it spoils the flavour. Fish should flake easily with a fork when cooked properly.
4. Children can be fussy eaters, so it is best to introduce them to seafood with milder flavours.
5. Avoid cross contamination by always storing cooked and raw seafood separately.
6. Cook fish skin side down, this will keep the flesh from overcooking.
7. Leaving the tails on prawns makes them look more attractive, and helps to provide a handle for dipping.
8. When selecting fish fillets, look for:
• Bright, firm flesh.
• Pleasant fresh sea scent
• No discolouration, gaping or bruising
9. When selecting prawns, look for:
• Firm, intact shells, heads, tentacles or flesh
• A pleasant fresh sea scent
• No discolouration, particularly at the joints or the head
10. Seafood should be kept chilled until it can be placed in the refrigerator and consumed within two days of purchase.
Share this page on :