- Preparation time
- 25 minutes
- Cooking time:
- 40 minutes
- 45 approx
- 2 tbs (30g) Sunbeam cashews, chopped
- 3 tbs (30g) Sunbeam currants
- 2 tbs (40g) glace cherries, finely chopped
- 250g butter (room temperature)
- 2 cups plain flour
- 2 tbs rice flour
- 1/3 cup icing sugar
- 1. Preheat the oven to 150 degrees Celsius.
- 2. Cut butter into small cubes.
- 3. Into the large bowl of a food processor add the flour, rice flour and icing sugar.
- 4. Add the butter pieces & chop until mixed to crumbs.
- 5. Add the nuts and fruit and mix in. Do not overwork.
- 6. Tip out and knead very gently into a soft, slightly dry dough.
- 7. Roll out on a lightly floured board & cut into desired shapes.
- 8. Line baking trays with baking paper and arrange the shortbreads, leaving some room between pieces.
- 9. Bake for 30-40 minutes at 150 degrees Celsius until dry on the surface and slightly firm.
- 10. Leave to cool. Store in an airtight container.
Share this page on :