Woolworths launches 3G Mobile Prepaid Cap powered by Optus
Customers can purchase a great value 3G Prepaid $2 SIM pack at selected Woolworths supermarkets, BIG W, Dick Smith or Caltex/Woolworths co-branded fuel outlets (participating outlets only). Woolworths Mobile will offer customers a $29 or $49 3G Mobile Prepaid Cap plan packed with talk, text and data.
Woolworths Mobile is provided to customers by Optus and is powered by the Optus mobile network, reaching up to 97(1) per cent of the Australian population.
Greg Foran, Director of Woolworths Supermarkets, said, “Everywhere you look people are using smartphones so we have responded to this demand by offering our customers a great value 3G Prepaid Cap which they can pick up at any Woolworths supermarket, BIG W, Dick Smith or at any participating Caltex/Woolworths co-branded fuel outlet.
“I’m also excited to announce that, for the first time, we’ll be offering our customers the latest Android 3G smartphones so customers who may have been thinking about upgrading their 2G phone to a 3G phone can do so at their local Woolworths store at a great low price.”
Gavin Williams, Marketing Director, Optus Consumer, said “We’re very pleased to be working with Woolworths to give more Australians access to innovative and affordable smartphone plans. These plans offer a huge amount of value and as the demand for smartphones continues to sky-rocket, providing an affordable entry point into the market is something customers are asking for and which we’re very happy to deliver.
“Woolworths Group stores, including supermarkets, are a convenient touch point for our customers and as smartphones increasingly become an everyday necessity, giving customers more access to our network and products is a huge priority, making Woolworths the perfect partner”.
Woolworths customers have the choice of a $29 or $49 Prepaid Cap(2).
A $29 Recharge includes $500 worth of value which includes:
• $250 to any network (except Pivotel) and,
• $250 to any Optus or Woolworths Mobile within Australia
• 5GB of data
• 45 day expiry
A $49 Recharge includes $1000 worth of value which includes:
• $500 to any network (except Pivotel) and,
• $500 to any Optus or Woolworths Mobile within Australia
• 5GB of data
• 45 day expiry
Woolworths customers can also access two of the latest Android smartphones at competitive prices at Woolworths supermarkets, BIG W and Dick Smith. The Huawei Sonic will retail at $188 or the LG Optimus ME will retail at $138.
Additionally, registered Woolworths Everyday Rewards customers will benefit from a 10 per cent discount(3) when recharges are purchased in participating stores(4).
Customers can pick up a Woolworths Mobile $2 SIM pack at any Woolworths supermarket, BIG W, Dick Smith, Caltex/Woolworths co-branded fuel outlets (participating outlets only) and recharge at any of these stores, plus BWS or Dan Murphy’s.
Please visit www.woolworthsmobile.com.au for more information and full terms and conditions.
(1) Coverage: Coverage area within the Optus mobile network is device dependant. 3G services are available to up to 97% of the Australian population with compatible 3G dual band devices. 3G services are available to up to 80% of the population with compatible 3G single band devices. See www.optus.com.au/coverage for details of 3G and 2G coverage.
(2) Woolworths Prepaid Cap: Credit expires on recharge or after 45 days, whichever is the earlier. 21c minimum balance required. Value to any network: excludes Pivotel. The $29 Woolworths Prepaid cap includes $29 Credit and $221 MyBonus and the $49 Woolworths Prepaid cap includes $49 Credit and $451 MyBonus which can be used for standard national and international calls and text, internet browsing and international roaming. A maximum of $29 (for a $29 recharge) or $49 (for a $49 recharge) can be used for premium SMS and content, Optus Zoo content usage charges, video calling, 966 and satellite calls (excluding Pivotel). Value to any Optus or Woolworths Prepaid Mobile (Optus Money): can be used for standard national calls, SMS and MMS to Optus and Woolworths GSM mobiles within Australia (excluding Woolworths Everyday Mobile). $29 and $49 recharge also includes 5GB data which is for use within Australia on internet browsing and downloading content. Data is charged in 1MB increments for uploads and downloads within Australia. Excludes mobile handset tethering and use of non mobile devices. Only $29 and $49 recharge vouchers can be used with this mobile service. Me2U and IOU not available on this service. Optus Mobile Fair Go Policy™ Applies. Offer only available in participating stores. Offer may be changed or withdrawn without notice to you, for full terms and conditions visit www.woolworthsmobile.com.au.
(3) Everyday Rewards Recharge Discount (offer): To be eligible to receive the offer, you must be a registered Everyday Rewards
member and present your registered card in a participating store when purchasing a Woolworths Mobile recharge voucher.
(4) Includes Woolworths Supermarkets & BWS (except in Tasmania), Big W, Dick Smith and Caltex Woolworths Co-branded fuel outlets. Offer may be changed or withdrawn without notice to you, for full terms & conditions visit www.woolworthsmobile.com.au. Singtel Optus Pty Ltd ABN 90 052 833 208.
Share this page on :