New Everyday Rewards Qantas credit card
Customers will soon be able to earn Qantas Frequent Flyer points by the trolley-load when Woolworths launches the Woolworths Everyday Rewards Qantas credit card on November 1st. (1)
With a low annual fee of $89, the new credit card is one of the best value frequent flyer rewards cards in the market, offering customers one Qantas Frequent Flyer point per $1 spent anywhere MasterCard is accepted.
The single card also serves as a combined Everyday Rewards loyalty card as well as a credit card which means customers shopping at participating stores in the Woolworths Group have the opportunity to turbo charge their Qantas Frequent Flyer points for the same spend.
For example, a customer who spends $230 on groceries in one transaction at a Woolworths supermarket (excluding Tasmania) could earn 430 Qantas Frequent Flyer points as follows:
- 230 Qantas Frequent Flyer points earned by using the credit card (no minimum spend).
- 200 Qantas Frequent Flyer points earned from the Everyday Rewards program (1 point per $1 above $30 minimum spend) by scanning the barcode on the back of the credit card.
If repeated each week, Woolworths’ grocery purchases alone would equate to more than 22,000 points a year which could be redeemed for $150 worth of Woolworths gift cards, a Bose Companion 2 Multimedia Speaker or a return Economy Classic Award flight on Qantas from Sydney to Brisbane (2)
The launch of the affiliated credit card further cements the Woolworths and Qantas loyalty alliance and provides customers with even more ways to earn tangible rewards, just for shopping as usual.
General Manager of Woolworths Everyday Rewards, Peter Burgan said: “The Woolworths Everyday Rewards loyalty card program has gone from strength to strength with more than 5.4 million registered members, of whom 3 million have also registered to earn Qantas Frequent Flyer points.” (3)
“Woolworths is firmly focused on providing the best possible value to customers across all our brands and services, whether it’s a basket of groceries, a mobile phone plan or a rewards credit card. Since the launch of the Woolworths Everyday Rewards program, millions of our customers have come to value Qantas Frequent Flyer points and this credit card offers them a simple way to receive even more value from everyday purchases,” Mr Burgan said.
Qantas Frequent Flyer Chief Executive Simon Hickey said “Qantas Frequent Flyer is committed to making it as easy as possible for our members to earn points and providing them with as many ways as possible to use those points. The Woolworths Everyday Rewards Qantas credit card is another great way our members can earn points by doing their everyday shopping.”
Key features of the new Woolworths Everyday Rewards Qantas credit card include:
- Low annual fee of $89, which includes a 24/7 concierge service
- Competitive credit card interest rate of 19.99% on purchases
- Up to 55 days interest free on purchases
- 5.99% p.a. for six months on balance transfers
- Contactless Chip and PIN security
- MasterCard®Paypass™ Tap & Go™ contactless payments
- The speed and convenience of epump – market leading pay at the pump technology at participating Caltex Woolworths/Safeway co-branded fuel outlets
- No rewards program fee
- No points capping and no points expiry (as long as Qantas Frequent Flyer account
- Complimentary Qantas Frequent Flyer Membership (saving $82.50)
- Free additional cardholder
New customers who apply before 31 January 2011 and make an eligible purchase on their credit card by 31 March 2011 will also receive 16,000 bonus Qantas Frequent Flyer points.
Customers will be able to redeem their points for Award flights to more than 700 destinations across Australia and around the world, or for more than 1,800 products, vouchers and experiences online at the Qantas Frequent Flyer Store.2 During 2009, more than three million Qantas Frequent Flyers redeemed more than three million domestic and international Award flights and more than 350,000 items were purchased with points by Qantas Frequent Flyer members (4)
The Woolworths Everyday Rewards credit card is Woolworths’ second credit card product and the latest in a suite of value-focused financial services products.
General Manager of Woolworths Financial Services Dhun Karai said: “Woolworths has already rolled out a number of successful financial services initiatives which customers have embraced. Our financial services offer now spans credit cards, gift cards, prepaid single use and reloadable prepaid cards and one of Australia’s largest networks of ATMs.”
The Woolworths Everyday Rewards Qantas credit card is brought to you by Woolworths, HSBC, MasterCard and Qantas.
For more information please contact:
Clare Buchanan - Woolworths
T: 02 8885 1033
Jessica Power -Fuel Communications
T: 02 9213 2332
- You must be or you will become a member of the Everyday Rewards and Qantas Frequent Flyer
programs and link your memberships to obtain this credit card and earn points
- Award flight seats (particularly Classic Award seats) are subject to capacity controls and availability is
limited. Store products referred to are for delivery in Australia only
- Offer not available to existing Woolworths Everyday Money credit cardholders who request to transfer to
- Based on 2009 Qantas Frequent Flyer Store and Award flight seat redemption figures
Share this page on :