- Preparation time
- 30 mins
- Cooking time:
- 2 hrs (chilling)
- 250g dark cooking chocolate, chopped
- 4 eggs, separated
- 2 tsp finely grated orange rind
- 1/3 cup (80ml) orange juice
- 1 tbs caster sugar
- 200ml thickened cream
- extra whipped cream & orange segments, to serve
- Place the chocolate into a heatproof bowl and sit over a saucepan of simmering water making sure that the bowl doesn’t touch the water. Stir until melted. Cool slightly.
- Add egg yolks, orange rind and juice and mix until well combined.
- Using electric beaters, beat the egg whites until soft peaks form. Add the sugar and beat until thick, glossy and stiff. Using a large metal spoon, fold a large spoonful of the egg whites into the chocolate mixture then gently fold remaining whites through until combined.
- Beat the cream until thick. Fold into the chocolate mixture until smooth. Divide between six 3/4 cup (180ml) dishes or glasses. Cover with plastic wrap and chill for about 2 hrs or until firm. To serve, top with a dollop of cream and orange segments.
Share this page on :