Crispy roast porkand apple stuffing
- Preparation time
- 20 mins + overnight drying
- Cooking time:
- 2 hrs 10mins
- 30g butter
- 1 onion, diced
- 1 cup Tandaco Seasoned Stuffing Mix
- 500ml bottle Kopparberg Apple Cider
- 1 cup dried apple, chopped
- 1/4 cup sultanas
- 2kg rolled pork loin roast
- Olive oil and salt, to rub
- Heat butter in a small frying pan over medium heat. Add onion and cook for a few minutes until soft.
- Place stuffing mix into a medium bowl, pour over 1/2 cup of the cider (reserve remainder for gravy) and stir with a fork until combined. Add onion, apple and sultanas. Season with pepper. Set aside.
- Wipe pork dry with paper towel. Untie or cut elastic and reserve. Unroll pork and lay flat, meat side up. Fill centre with stuffing mixture and re-roll firmly. Re-tie with elastic. Rub oil and salt over skin. Place pork on a rack in a roasting pan and leave uncovered in the fridge overnight to dry out the skin.
- Preheat oven to 240degrees celsius. Pour water into the bottom of the pan so it’s 1cm deep. Roast pork for 30 minutes. Reduce heat to 180degrees celsius and continue to cook further (about 25 minutes per 500g of meat) until skin is golden and crisp. Transfer to a warm carving tray, cover loosely with foil and rest for 15 mins before slicing. Serve with gravy.
Heat butter in a small frying pan over medium heat. Add onion and cook for a few minutes until soft.
Share this page on :