Gluten-Free Mandarin and Almond Cake Recipe
Delicious Recipe from Woolworths
- Preparation time
- 10 minutes
- Cooking time:
- 50 minutes
- 4 mandarins
- 250g caster sugar
- 6 eggs
- 250g ground almond meal
- 1 tsp gluten-free baking powder
- ? cup slivered almonds
- 2 mandarins, extra
- caster sugar
- cup water
- greek-style yoghurt, to serve
- 1. Preheat oven to 170. Grease a 24cm springform tin and line with baking paper.
- 2. Cut mandarins in half through the centre. Remove pips and roughly chop. Do not peel mandarins. Place into a food processor with caster sugar. Process until finely chopped.
- 3. Add eggs and process until smooth and well combined. Add almond meal and baking powder and pulse until just combined. Transfer to prepared tin and sprinkle slivered almonds over surface. Bake for 45 minutes until cooked when tested with a skewer. Cool for 10 minutes in tin. Remove from tin and cool on a wire rack.
- 4. Meanwhile, peel extra mandarins and divide into segments. Cut half of the peel into thin strips. Combine extra caster sugar and water in a small saucepan and stir over low heat until dissolved. Increase heat and boil for 5 minutes until syrupy. Add peel and simmer for 10 minutes. Decorate cake with mandarin segments and drizzle over candied peel and syrup. Serve with greek-style yoghurt.
- Per serve: 10g protein, 20g fat (2g saturated fat), 41g carbohydrate, 4g dietary fibre, 1565kJ (375 Cals).
Share this page on :