- Preparation time
- 5 mins
- Cooking time:
- 1hr 45 mins
- 1 tbs olive oil
- 1.5kg veal osso bucco
- 2 brown onions, roughly chopped
- 3 garlic cloves, crushed
- 400g can Woolworths Select Diced Italian Tomatoes
- 1 cup dry white wine
- 1 tbs tomato paste
- 1/4 cup continental parsley, coarsely chopped
- 1 garlic clove, finely chopped
- grated rind 1 lemon
- Preheat oven to 160 degrees celcius. Heat the oil in a casserole pan over high heat. Add veal pieces in batches and cook for a few mins each side or until well browned. Remove all pieces from pan.
- Add onion and garlic and cook, stirring, for 5 mins or until onion softens. Add tomatoes, wine and tomato paste and bring to a simmer. Return veal pieces to pan and spoon over sauce.
- Cover casserole and place into oven. Cook for 11/2 hrs until veal is very tender and falling off the bone. Taste and season with salt and pepper.
- Meanwhile, to prepare the gremolata, combine parsley, garlic and lemon rind in a small bowl. Serve osso bucco with soft polenta and scatter gremolata over the top.
Osso bucco is traditionally served with creamy polenta and gremolata. You can use mashed potato instead.
- 59g protein
- 6g fat (1g saturated)
- 7.5g carbohydrate
- 3.5g dietary fibre
- 1350 kJ (325 Cals)
Share this page on :