What does a photoelectric smoke alarm detect?
Slow smouldering and other fires such as burning foam, rubber and synthetic materials.
What are the benefits of a Quell smoke alarm?
- DIY, easy and fast installation.
- Test/hush button to check alarm system is in order and to silence nuisance alarms.
- Low battery warning alert.
- Certified to Australian Standards AS 3786.
- 10-year warranty on alarm unit only. Excludes battery.
- Loud 85db alarm.
As a minimum Fire Protection Association Australia recommends the placement of smoke alarms in all sleeping and living areas. Chubb recommends that both Ionisation and Photoelectric smoke alarms be installed to help ensure maximum detection of the various types of fires that can occur within the home.
For greater protection also install fire extinguishers and fire blankets.