A zingy street food seasoning with jalapeño, garlic & red chilli
For a delicious, quick guacamole mix half into the mashed flesh of 2 ripe avocados
Stir the remainder through sour cream and serve with stir fried chicken or prawns in a warm tortilla
Combine a little oil, toss through 500g chicken or green prawns before stir frying
Mexican Baja Fish Taco with Pico de Gallo
Serves 4 people | Prep-time 25 minutes | Cooking time 5 minutes
2 medium tomatoes, deseeded and diced
1 small red onion, finely diced
1 green chilli, finely diced
Juice of 1 lime, plus extra wedges to serve
1 x 25 g sachet McCormick Mexican Street Food
? cup (80 mL) Greek style yoghurt
? cup (80 mL) mayonnaise
1 ¼ cup (145 g) plain flour
1 cup (250 mL) Mexican beer or equivalent
500 g white fish fillet, cut into strips
Vegetable oil for frying
12 corn tortillas, warmed as per pack directions
1. Make a fresh salsa (Pica De Gallo); in a bowl, toss together the tomatoes, onion, chilli, lime juice and 2 tsp Mexican Street Food Seasoning. In a separate bowl combine the yoghurt, mayonnaise and 2 tsp Mexican Street Food Seasoning.
2. In large bowl mix the plain flour and beer until smooth.
3. Dust the fish strips with the remaining Mexican Street Food Seasoning.
4. Heat around 1cm deep of oil in a pan, (oil is ready when a cube of bread turns golden brown in 30-35 seconds). Dip the fish strips into the batter, allow excess to drain then gently drop into hot oil. Cook until the batter is golden brown and the fish is cooked through. Repeat with the remaining fish and batter.
5. Serve the battered fish in the tortillas, topped with the fresh salsa (Pica De Gallo), yoghurt and lime wedges.