A delicious casserole with mouth-watering beef and vegetables. Rewarding your family with 1 1/2 of the 5 daily recommended serves of vegetables #.
- No artificial colours or flavours
- No added MSG
- Serves 6
Recipe: Slow Cooker Beef & Red Wine Casserole What you need
Serves 6 | Prep 15 mins | Cooking 4 hrs (high), 8 hrs (low)
- oil spray
- 1 kg beef, cubed
- 2 medium onions, chopped
- 2 large carrots, chopped
- 2 stalks celery, chopped
- 1/2 cup (125 mL) red wine
- 1 x 40 g sachet McCormick Slow Cookers Beef & Red Wine Casserole Recipe Base
- mashed potato
What to do
1. Heat oil in a large pan over high heat. Brown beef and onion (You may need to do this in batches) then add to slow cooker.
2. Add carrots, celery, red wine and recipe base to the slow cooker and stir through. Cover and cook for 4 hours on high or 8 hours on low (Keep covered during cooking. Cooking times may vary between slow cooker models, we used a 5.5 L appliance).
3. Serve with mashed potato.
No slow cooker, no problem, place prepared casserole in an oven proof dish, cover and cook at 160°C (140°C fan-forced) for 3 hrs or until tender.
For more creative cooking ideas and information about our complete range go to mccormick.com.au or freecall 1800 802 223
#Based on the MHMRC Australian Dietary Guidelines (2013), a serve of vegetables is 75g. No artificial colours or flavours