Create traditional slow cooked lamb shanks. This meal prepared as suggested, rewards your family with 1 1/2 serves of vegetables# in every serve.
- No artificial colours or flavours
- No added MSG
- Serves 6
Slow Cooker Garlic & Herb Lamb Shank
Serves 6 | Prep 15 mins | Cooking 4 hrs (high), 8 hrs (low)
What you need
- oil spray
- 6 lamb shanks, frenched
- 3 carrots, quartered
- 2 stalks celery, chopped
- 800g canned no added salt diced tomato
- 40 g sachet McCormick Slow Cookers Garlic & Herb Lamb Shanks Recipe Base
- mashed potato
- fresh rosemary
What to do
1. Heat oil in a large pan over high heat. Brown shanks (You may need to do this in batches) then add to slow cooker with carrots and celery.
2. Combine tomato and recipe base then pour over lamb. Cover and cook for 4 hours on high or 8 hours on low (Keep covered during cooking. Cooking times may vary between slow cooker models, we used a 5.5 L appliance).
3. Serve with mashed potato, topped with fresh rosemary.
No slow cooker, no problem place prepared lamb shanks in an oven proof dish, cover and cook at 160°C (140°C fan-forced) for 4 hrs or until tender. #Based on the NHMRC Australian Dietary Guidelines (2013), a serve of vegetables is 75g.