Treat yourself to this delicious aged Vintage Club Cheddar from Maggie Beer with a deliciously soft, crumbly texture, perfectly paired with a Maggie Beer Fruit Paste and crackers.
Maggie's tips for a perfect platter:
1. Keep your cheddar in the fridge until the last minute, then break it into chunks and arrange it on your cheeseboard
2. Take your soft cheeses out of the fridge early enough to ensure the soft cheese is room temperature when serving. By allowing your soft cheese to reach room temperature, you will receive that deliciously gooey consistency we all adore. Keep an eye on the weather - as if it is a hot day, this process won't take long!
3. Put a fruit paste such as Quince Paste or Quince & Champagne Paste onto your board or platter so guests can pair the paste with the selection of cheese
4. Tear chunks of a crusty sourdough baguette and heap onto your board with crackers, roasted almonds and dried pears for guests to nibble on.
5. If you are serving a pate, remove it from the fridge at the last minute and serve the pot in an ice bath to ensure it stays beautifully chilled.
All that's left is to open a bottle of your favourite wine or non-alcoholic, sit back and enjoy!
- Australian made
- Australian owned
- Aged 12+ months